Wednesday, July 7, 2010

NYX Round Lipstick + Sephora Lip Peel Reviews

Good evening everyone!

I've just picked up several NYX Round Lipsticks from the local mom n' pop shop the other day so I thought I'd write a review on it. First, here are some pictures and swatches with and without flash [I apologize for the quality off of my HTC Fuze phone camera- college student, enough said].


[left to right] Harmonica, Orange Soda, Honey, Baby Pink, Summer Love







The product itself glides on extremely smooth, almost TOO smooth. It looks pretty right after your application, but the moment you start doing that *smacking* thing with your lips, you will automatically see the line/border of where your top and bottom lips last made contact- meaning the product runs quite easily.

As for the color, I anticipate to say that I'm rather disappointed. The product is definitely NOT true-to-color. Harmonica and Baby Pink both have a frosty/shimmer finish, while Orange Soda, Honey, and Summer Love possess a creme finish. All colors go on sheer, which is not a quality I approve of in my lipsticks. Though the packaging is thoroughly cute, I cannot say that I am happy with my purchase due to the color pay-off.

At the least, this lipstick doesn't carry that irritating wax-y scent that most drugstore branded lipsticks carry [it has a subtle, floral scent]. On top of that, I only paid $2 per lipstick [regularly $4]! Therefore, I am satisfied. Though I regret not being able to snatch one in Strawberry Milk [a favorite of Janice's at ChaiGyaru], I was sooo looking forward to trying it too!




Onto the next topic, my Sephora Lip Peel [purchased in December 2009, no longer available]. This little tube of [lip mask?] does little to remove dead skin off my lips. It does have a refreshing and tingly feeling when I apply it to my lips, though. The purpose of this product was to imitate the results of an exfoliate for lips, with an easy application- like a gloss.

The disappointment? It only does HALF of what it's said to do. It only peels off. I don't feel like anything comes off with it when I do so, either. I believe I've had better luck exfoliating my lips with a mass amount of Chapstick and a paper towel [this does wonders in the Winter]! The only good thing about this little baby is that it's awfully fun to just play around with. I can apply and re-apply it onto my lips and keep peeling it off to keep myself entertained for a night. Sounds childish? Possibly, but you ladies act like you've never obsessively applied anything to yourself before [i.e. Chapstick, moisturizer, toners, etc].

No comments:

Post a Comment